3/10/2013

Learning styles learnig intelligences and technology

This week was mostly about finishing up our projects and working on the final reports. Meanwhile I got a chance to learn more about the topic of multiple intelligences and how to support learners with technology. We teachers have to bear in mind that if we want to be effective in teaching we have to be prepared to accept the learning styles of our audience. As I have learned more about the effective teaching in larger classes a couple of weeks ago this week I found out more about how can I strengthen my teaching. After taking an online quiz on learning styles I have found out what kind of learner am I.
I realized that how I teach is affected by my learning styles and is not suitable for every learner. After discussing own experience on Nicenet forum I found out that we are not always aware of what kind of learners we teach. Even though I teach two classes the same subject the topic discussed has to be presented according to the students I have in my classroom. Using technology can help. It can stimulate learning process e.g. PBL or WebQuests can stimuli active learners with problem solving activities in a group work as well as reflective learners can plan well the steps to success. Teacher should support all learners with his work in the class and students should also strengthen their weaker learning styles because we are both e.g. active and reflective learn but we have to use these styles wisely.     

3 comments:

  1. Dear Matez
    Greeting
    I agree with you that effective learning takes place when a teacher addresses different learning styles.We can't exepect good outcome uless teaching and learning style matches.
    Best regard
    krishna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Matej,
    I like the way you reflected your teaching experience. I agree that teachers should be aware of their own learning styles as they teach the way they learn. Awareness of students' learning styles will help teachers direct the activities to their needs and at the same time develop the weaker learning styles. We as teachers should always reflect on teaching; it will help to understand which part of the lesson must be improved, what we should change or include next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Matej,

    I feel pleased to know that through the topics of teaching large classes and learning styles, you feel better equipped to meet the needs of your students.

    You have written a wonderful reflection this week!

    Best,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete